BigWood Boards - End Grain Chopping Block- 16"x 20"x 1-7/8"
With their natural beauty and presence, you’ll want to permanently display these counter blocks in your kitchen. The end-grain construction lends originality and rustic character, while ensuring a lifetime of service. The size and hardiness is suitable for most food prep applications—from chopping and cleaving to serving. Their unique and rustic character sits well on the sideboard, too. Guaranteed to get your friends talking at your next dinner party. Made in USA.
Easy to clean with soap and water and easy to maintain with mineral oil or BigWood Boards Oil.
Dimensions: 16" X 20" X 1-7/8"
Material: Walnut, End Grain
Care and Maintenance:
OILED OR UNFINISHED BUTCHER BLOCK
Wood Welded butcher block cutting boards, chopping blocks, specialty boards and gourmet products come factory finished with food-safe mineral oil. Although the block was oiled during construction, it may have dried during storage and shipping, therefore it is recommended the butcher block be oiled with mineral oil prior to use.
To maintain unfinished butcher block, follow these handy tips:
1. Before use, oil the cutting surface with food grade mineral oil.
2. Be sure to coat the top, bottom, ends and edges of the block every time you oil it. Apply oil often, especially when the block appears to be dry.
3. DO NOT submerse the board in water. Instead, clean it with a wet cloth or sponge using a mild liquid detergent. You can use a disinfecting cleanser or a mixture of 1 tsp. chlorine bleach to 1 quart of water. Rinse well. Do not use powder cleanser.
4. Allow the board to dry in a rack or with the board standing on edge to ensure sufficient air flow all the way around the board.
5. When determining how often to oil a block, the general rule of thumb is once a day for a week upon purchase; once a week for a month; and once a month forever. The block should be oiled whenever the wood starts to look dry and chalky.